10 Reasons To Join A Sorority
1. You’ll join a community of like-minded women.Sorority membership provides a community of women who share similar values, goals and aspirations. These women will support you as you navigate your collegiate experience.
2. You’ll participate in service opportunities.Every sorority supports philanthropic causes on their campuses and in their communities. Sorority women give back to causes that inspire them with their time and resources.
3. You’ll receive leadership opportunities.Joining a sorority provides you with the opportunity to build leadership experience. Whether you prefer to lead the group or work behind the scenes, there are countless opportunities to develop your skills.
4. You’ll find a sense of belonging.Within your sorority, you will meet women who want to know your unique personality, values and goals. Sorority membership doesn’t require a specific set of characteristics, but rather celebrates the individuality of every member.
Photo credit: @arkalphapiphi
5. You’ll receive academic support.
Within your sorority, you’ll meet members following a similar academic path. They can study with you, answer your questions, help you sign up for courses, and suggest volunteer opportunities and internships.
6. You’ll make your voice heard.When women gather together and raise their voices, they make an impact. From making a change within fraternity and sorority life on your campus to pushing for change in the community, sorority women join together to make their voices heard.
7. You’ll gain campus connections.Sorority women are involved in many different organizations and clubs. Whether your sisters volunteer with Dance Marathon or attend every meeting for the Dietetics Club, they can help you get involved on campus.
8. You’ll have accountability.
Sorority women push one another to be their best – mentally, physically and socially. When you succeed, your sisters will celebrate with you. When you struggle, they’ll help you get back on track.
Photo credit: @nevadapiphi